SCFWB Weekly, Vol., 3, No., 49
December 14, 2016
The Fall online version of the Informer is available Click Here
The 2017 SCFWB State Meeting
Theme (We Preach Jesus)
The meeting hosted by the South Carolina Conference will be held Thursday and Friday February 23th, and 24th at The Peace Free Will Baptist Church in Florence, located at 897 Third Loop rd. in Florence, SC. Registration begins at 8:30 am and services begin at 9 am. Online preregistration will begin January 1st. General Board will convene on Wednesday February 22 at 10 AM. Hotel information will be forthcoming.
27th ANNUAL COUPLES’ RETREAT
Here are some of the details:
When: February 17-18 2017
Where: Beach Cove Resort (4800 S. Ocean Blvd., North Myrtle Beach,SC)
Price: $190 per couples (or deposit of $140 due by January 9, 2017)
Early Bird Price: $180 per couple– if paid in full by January 9, 2017 (includes room, Friday night buffet seafood at Captain Bennett’s Calabash Seafood, Buffet Breakfast Saturday morning at Tradewinds Cafe at resort, includes tax and tip at restaurants, goody bags, etc.)
Special for Pastors: If you have at least 5 other full paying couples from your church attending, you and your wife may attend for $155.00.
Speaker/Singer Back by Popular Demand: Rev. Jim McComas, FWB North American Ministries Director of Church Revitalizaiton
For the resort to guarantee the rooms, we need a $140.00 deposit per couple by January 9, 2017. With your deposits, please include a listing with first and last names of all couples. This would make a great gift for couples to give each other for Christmas! All those who opt to PAY IN FULL by January 9, 2017 will receive a reduced rate of $180.00–(as mentioned above). Please make checks payable to DONNIE MILES. Also, if some of your people would like to come a day earlier or stay later, let me know and we can get you the reduced rate. If you have any questions, please call 843 667-8798.
Andy Moore (Brazil) Please continue to remember the work in Brazil as they minister there- The Moores
Bobby Poole (Brazil) We had a baptism of 5 young people at the Marincek FWB Church, this past Sunday (12/11/16). Praise the Lord with us for these young lives who have taken their stand for their Lord and Saviour. Continue to pray for the Church, as we search for the one the Lord has for us, as pastor.
Carlisle Hanna (India) Continue to pray regarding Bro. Carlisle’s Visa, as we are seeking approval for an extension.
David Aycock (Brazil) We are grateful for the way God is working here in Barbacena. In the month of November we baptized five people. They invited family members and friends to watch their baptism. We had many first time visitors. Fernando came forward two Sundays ago wanting to give his life to Christ. Pray for his spiritual growth. Thank you for your prayers and financial support. Please continue to pray and consider giving toward the construction of our Christian school. We need your help! David and Annette
Jonathan/Amy Postlewaite – Every day, we feel like we see more and more a gift of evangelism in our 6 year old Anna Grace. She has already had quite a few conversations with some of her classmates about church, Jesus, and how to pray. Pray that God would continue to open doors for her (and us) to connect with her classmates and families from school. You never know what could happen through the faith of a child! We praise God that Jonna has had a good start to her preschool as well–and that we see potentials for relationships with the nice people who work there too.
Matt/Hailie Deckard (Honduras) Are stateside and raising support to go to honduras to work in the Christian school. To schedule services contact Matt at email@example.com
Neil/ Mandi Morgan (Spain) We are so excited that the mayor’s office has given our church a wonderful location to hold the community workshops. Fliers have been made and dates and times established. Please be in prayer for the final preparations for the workshops which will begin January 10. Please pray God will even now prepare hearts. firstname.lastname@example.org
Randy/Kris Valandingham (Aiken).The Home Mission Board was able to purchase a used mobile home for the Valandingham’s to live in. Pray for them as it is being set up and renovated.
Tim/ Kristi Johnson (Spain) The Alpedrete Church has been invited to repeat our musical “Salvation Has Come” in another nearby town on Saturday, December 17th. Please pray that many more people will hear the Gospel message in the town of Moralzarzal as we present this musical.
Mirial Gainer (Japan) Is now retired to Florence SC, and is taking care of her mother.
Sister Lossie Evans ( Wife of Rev. Johnny Evans as they are seeking The Lord’s Will regarding some recent test results
* Sister Faye Miles (Wife of Rev. Tony Miles) has started chemotherapy treatments again due some recent cancer spots found. Please remember them in prayer.
*Rev. Parvis Ashoori (Central) has had a second stroke, and is in rehabilitation in Georgetown. Please remember him in prayer.
* Rev. Paul Reid (Beaver Creek) Is in long term care at Wesley Commons please remember him in prayer.
*Linda Wilson (Wife of Pastor Rodney Wilson, Low Country FWB Church) is currently receiving fulltime care and is likely facing surgery again. Please remember them in your prayers.
*Rev. Earl Stanley (True Life) had colon surgery and is recovering. Please remember him in prayer.
*Danielle Seaton (Wife of Rev Brad Seaton, St. John’s) (SC) Her back pain continues to get better week by week. Please continue to pray for progress for her.
*Rev. Bennie Turner (Eastern Conference) Continues to have regular Dialysis Please pray for him.
*Conway Area Minister Breakfast – Tuesday, January 3, 2016, at Mt. Ariel FWB Church in Conway, 8:30 AM
*Florence/Darlington Area Minister Breakfast – Tuesday January 10, at Bazen’s Restaurant, Florence SC 8:30 AM
*Lake City Area Minister Luncheon – Tuesday January 17, 10:30 AM at Rail Way Restaurant, Lake City SC
*Spartanburg Area Minister Luncheon – Monday, January 09, 2016 at The Grapevine Restaurant, in Boiling Springs 10:30 AM
*Lancaster Area Minister Breakfast – Monday, January 30, 2016, Jomar’s Restaurant, Lancaster, SC – 9 AM
*Central Conference Meeting – Saturday January 14, 2017 at Mullins/Marion FWB Church 9am
*Beaver Creek Conference Meeting – Thursday January 26, 2017 at 1st FWB Simpsonville 5:00pm
*South Carolina Conference Meeting – January 19th-20th Annual Meeting Location TBA.
*True life Conference Meeting – Saturday January 21, 2017 at 9:30AM
*Eastern Conference Meeting – Saturday March 11, 2016 Olanta FWB Church 9:30 AM
Please email church news and upcoming events to email@example.com
How a Wise Man Finds God
11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh. 12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
Wisdom in a day like today is a precious commodity. Suffice it to say that it does not represent the norm among people. But today we see an example of how wise men long ago found the Messiah, the method has not changed. Let us look at what they did.
- They sought him through his word- This is how they knew of the Messiah, and of his star, and where he should be born.
- Ro 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
- The preacher in this case was The word.
- They recognize the light of Heaven- The star was a heavenly indicator of God’s work. Did you know that nature stands as a divine witness against unbelievers? God says that creation is enough evidence to prove the existence of God.
- Ro 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 ¶ Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
- They go to the right place and inquire of the right people- In this case it was Jerusalem, and the right people where the chief priests and scribes. For someone today it is the Church and a Christian.
- The recognized him in unlikely circumstances- in a shack, with meager parents, living on meager means. For us we should recognize Christ in his willingness to save us. Even us in our sins.
- They worshipped him, with Joy-
- The gave their gifts to him- for us this can be our talents
- They obeyed God’s word after their encounter with Christ
SCFWB Executive Secretary